duminică, 31 ianuarie 2010

UMRAO JAAN

You can call me ...
... is the voice of a broken heart
I am the instrument
... contains all the songs.
Who are, you are ...
... for who they are alive ...
... myself do not understand ...
... tell me this secret.

So begins. One song away, a life story ...

I was born in Faizabad and my name was Ameeran ...

Kidnapped from his parents' house is sold and forced to prepare for a future life of courtesan. Pleasant by nature, gets a new name - Umrao-and with the advent of the first Mujra is being courted by one of the richest men , becoming Jaan (beloved ). But as any courtesan, not allowed to love. Despite all, it loved Nawab Sultan. For the man loved she will be selled again, though he swears that he will be only. And received as much love as a woman can get any woman. Not a courtesan, but a woman. But the footprint of another man was something I could not accept the Nawab Sultan.
Alone, abandoned by lover , returns home, as Ameeran. Just as there no longer expect anything ...

Tell me, have you seen one so good bye?
Motherless, fatherless, without brother.
There is no one there.
Tears are the decoration and palanquin suffering.
The gates were closed behind me.
Stop back here, not even in your dreams.
Stop back here, not even in your dreams.
Dont bring me back to the next life as a daughter.
Whatever you have done now, Oh Lord! Do not do it again.
Dont bring me back to the next life as a daughter.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu